Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Restrict read access for certain assets

Posted 10-24-2021 12:06

Is there a way to restrict read access for specific assets (not asset types)? 

We want to be able to configure a "Confidential?" field and if checked, only allow certain groups read access. 

For example: A general user can read all business terms, but would not see the term "Executive Compensation" because that term was marked as confidential. 

• 2.  RE: Restrict read access for certain assets

Employee
    Posted 11-10-2021 08:21

Hi Marisa,

This is possible through responsibility rules. Within the "when" section, the team will be required to specify a "condition" to achieve this end-result.

If I missed the mark on what the team is looking for, please elaborate and I am happy to review.

Matthew Kennedy

• 3.  RE: Restrict read access for certain assets

Posted 11-11-2021 07:24

I want to restrict a handful of assets from all users (aside from those assigned to the asset).

The only way I know how to do this with responsibility rules is to work backwards. All users have access to read by default. Would I have to create a rule for all users to be able to read when confidentially flag = null or != yes? That feels difficult to manage.

• 4.  RE: Restrict read access for certain assets

Posted 11-16-2021 11:26

We will have the same use case soon, the way I see this working is using a rule type hierarchy or rule priority which is not in the product right now as far as Im aware. 

• 5.  RE: Restrict read access for certain assets

Employee
    Posted 05-16-2022 12:56

The way you described the current responsibility rule functionality is correct.  You would need to create two separate responsibility rules.  One rule to provide general read access to assets when Confidential = No, and another rule to provide read access to assets when Confidential = Yes.

Since when filters currently only support the equals operator, your best option for the Confidential flag would be a List type, with Yes/No values, and with No set as the default value.  

Having a more streamlined way to manage this would be nice to have.