Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Search bar at Asset level to be given more real-estate than 'Add filter'

Employee
    Posted 03-10-2022 21:02

Is is possible to update for the search bar to take up more real estate in the UI as opposed to the filters Bar. 

• 2.  RE: Search bar at Asset level to be given more real-estate than 'Add filter'

Employee
    Posted 03-10-2022 21:03

• 3.  RE: Search bar at Asset level to be given more real-estate than 'Add filter'

Employee
    Posted 03-14-2022 03:08

Hi Maria,

I have opened a ticket with the product management team for review ( Reference : GOV-17510 )

Matthew Kennedy

• 4.  RE: Search bar at Asset level to be given more real-estate than 'Add filter'

Employee
    Posted 03-14-2022 06:42

Hi Maria,

The current layout appears intentional, as filters ( when used ) can take up a fair bit of space : 

If possible, please provide details on the teams reasoning behind this request. For example, is the field too small to display the search terms being entered, or potentially something more specific?

Any details you can provide will be of assistance in determining where we can provide the most value with an enhancement.

Matthew Kennedy

• 5.  RE: Search bar at Asset level to be given more real-estate than 'Add filter'

Employee
    Posted 03-31-2022 21:32

Hi Matthew,

Maria has left so I am providing the response. Yes, the field is too short to display what the user is entering. We understand the point about filters but do the search and filter bars need to be at the same level? For example there is plenty of space next to "Hide Description" or you could move that down and the search field up.

• 6.  RE: Search bar at Asset level to be given more real-estate than 'Add filter'

Employee
    Posted 04-05-2022 04:37

Thank you Anders,

I have relayed your comment to the DEV team and will keep this post updated with any further developments

Matthew Kennedy