Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Ability to "@" a user in comments on an asset

Employee
    Posted 04-22-2022 08:06

During a demo for prospect it was asked if a user could "@" another in the comments tab of an asset and have that user be notified by email. I think this is a spectacular functionality request that would greatly improve the collaboration functionality within the solution.

• 2.  RE: Ability to "@" a user in comments on an asset

Employee
    Posted 04-25-2022 04:48

Hi Mike,

I have opened an enhancement request for this on your behalf ( Reference : GOV-18064 )

Matthew Kennedy

• 3.  RE: Ability to "@" a user in comments on an asset

Posted 04-28-2022 04:14

Hi Mike & Matt,

You can do this today. Simply add a comment on the comments tab and in the Tag box below the comment you add the user. You don't have to use the @ symbol and if you do you might get some weird results.

The user will then get an email to let them know a comment has been made but the email doesn't contain the body of the comment for security reason.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

John

• 4.  RE: Ability to "@" a user in comments on an asset

Employee
    Posted 04-28-2022 17:24

You're correct, the ability tag users already exists in Govern.  This request would simple provide a way to tag a user inline like you can do in Outlook and Slack using @username while you're typing your comment.  

• 5.  RE: Ability to "@" a user in comments on an asset

Posted 04-29-2022 01:04

Ahh - I wondered if that was the root of the question. 

I do think users expect to be able to inline tag other users these days, so I certainly support the request from being able to '@' a user directly in the comment box.

We've done some training on the comment tab as we use it ALOT throughout our various objects, so its never been a massive issue for us, but anything that improves the user experience is very much welcomed.

It could even reduce load of the system as nine times out of ten users are only going to want to tag other users and the current functionality tries to bring back every item across all assets.

Thanks for adding clarity for me.

+1 Vote from me :)

Thanks

John