Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  SSA - Display web json data in Info Panel

Posted 08-19-2020 23:07
    Hi guys,

I'm not sure if anyone has done this and is willing to share their experience and or code.

We are about to move to a cloud-based enterprise system.  API access to data only.

Here's a public Vic State Gov URL as an example of what I would be dealing with.-  https://services.land.vic.gov.au/catalogue/publicproxy/guest/dv_geoserver/ows?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetFeature&srsName=EPSG:4326&typeNames=VMPROP_PROPERTY_ADDRESS&maxFeatures=100&outputFormat=application/json&CQL_FILTER=PROP_LGA_CODE=%27350%27%20AND%20PROP_PROPNUM=%27144950%27

Question is, can the data from the JSON "Properties" section from the above return be displayed in the SSA Info Panel based on the property number attribute parameter of the selected object??

Happy to hear comments or questions.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

------------------------------
    Tim Warfe
    GIS Officer
    MOORABOOL SHIRE COUNCIL
    twarfe@moorabool.vic.gov.au
    LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tim-warfe-1b205b41/

• 2.  RE: SSA - Display web json data in Info Panel

Employee
    Posted 08-20-2020 02:03
    Hi Tim

The short answer is 'Yes'.

The longer answer gets a bit more technical. I'll go into the deep technical side of it here but merely give you an overview.

You will have to modify the InfoTemplate to be able to grab data from a web service and show it in the Info Panel. We have a number of examples where the Info Panel either automatically or by the click of a button on the Info Panel calls out to a web service and then display the data returned by the service.

Our examples have typically used a web service created and deployed via Spectrum Enterprise Designer but it can be any web service that returns data in a "readable" format. The example you provided returns JSON which is similar to what we would set up the Spectrum web service to return too.

It does however require a bit of coding.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data