Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Admin Defined Queries in 2019.1

Posted 06-03-2020 20:54
    Edited by Timothy Righetti 06-09-2020 01:23
    Hi All,

I've been unable to figure out how to add admin defined queries into Spectrum Spatial for 2019.1.

I'm aware of the previous knowledge base article for v2018:
     https://support.pitneybowes.com/SearchArticles/VFP05_KnowledgeWithSidebarHowTo?id=kA11E000000D0aoSAC&popup=false&lang=en_US

Since the Admin Console was removed, I don't see a location to define these, and in particular I'm hoping to add these into the search bar using the 'Quick Search' feature. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

------------------------------
    Timothy Righetti
    Senior Spatial IT Business Analyst
    Nillumbik Shire Council
    Greensborough VIC

• 2.  RE: Admin Defined Queries in 2019.1

Posted 06-04-2020 08:29
    Edited by Ott Koik 06-04-2020 08:59
    Hi!

It took me a lot of time and swearing to figure it out as well.
    First of all, of course you have to allow Quick Search in Functionality profile. Then you have to create view table with advanced query in Spatial Manager (Create->View Table->Advanced). In there, you have to define MISQL query and use @ + name for an input.
    For example, let's say, I have table named "/namedTables/points"​ and field called ID in there. To define query for users to search point with certain ID, I will write in MISQL box: Select * from "/namedTables/points" where ID=@input. Now, when I click button "Validate", there will be table with bound parameters, where I can define default value and description for this "input" parameter​​​. After that I can name the view table and save it. Now, in Project Settings of SSA project where this table that I used for query is used, I can see this defined view table in Query tab "Assign admin defined queries" field. When I choose this query in there and hit save, I can see this query in Search bar.
    Sorry, if this description is a little bit confusing but so is the process for defining those queries.

Hopefully this would help,

Edit: another thing that took me some time was that to let users to use this query, I had to give permission to role to execute this view table as well. That is quite obvious, but as I said, it took me some time to figure this out. There is some documentation about this process as well that helped me to figure this out, but as usual, it's quite impossible to find and unfortunately I didn't bookmark it.

Ott Koik
    Ruumab OÛ
    Tartu

• 3.  RE: Admin Defined Queries in 2019.1

Posted 06-08-2020 20:22
    Edited by Timothy Righetti 06-08-2020 20:23
    Thankyou very much Ott, that worked,

I don't know how you managed to figure that out, well done!

It's a shame that feature is so well hidden, as it's very helpful, I'm sure your post will come up in many Google Searches now

Regards,

Timothy Righetti
    Senior Spatial IT Business Analyst
    Nillumbik Shire Council
    Greensborough VIC

• 4.  RE: Admin Defined Queries in 2019.1

Posted 06-16-2020 08:16
    Hi @Ott Koik @Timothy Righetti

yes, we have introduced the creation of Advanced View Tables with parameters - means queries creation with parameters.
    Here below the description how to create Named View Table with parameters (@) in Spectrum Spatial Manager https://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/19.1/en/webhelp/Spatial/index.html#Spatial/source/Resources/resources/repoman/create_viewtable_parameters.html​​
    For setting the Named View Advanced as queries we may use the tab Query in in the Spectrum Spatial Project Settings. 

In reference to your request how to set permissions, you might use the (Named) Resources Permissions in Spectrum Spatial Manager - go to menu Permissions. Here below the link to the guide, this should be the bookmark to the url you missed  
    https://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/19.1/en/webhelp/Spatial/index.html#Spatial/source/Resources/resources/repoman/Permission_Management/PermissionsTabMain_ResourcePermissions.html

Monica Di Martino
    EMEA LI/GIS Presales Engineer
    Pitney Bowes