Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Map Uploader - Does not table match Raster or SQL Tables

Posted 05-19-2020 04:06
    Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone else has come across the the issue of the Map Uploader not table matching specifically existing Raster or SQL tables in Spectrum Spatial, and if it's a known limitation.

I add the tables into Spectrum Spatial beforehand in organised locations, and the map uploader successfully finds all existing native .Tab tables and therefore reuses them. However, the SQL tables (in MapInfo as Linked Table) and Rasters need to be uploaded to a new repository location each time, which requires me to make a kind of table dump folder at the same location as  the named map, especially when creating basemap style named maps with many SQL views used for scaling etc. 

I just wanted to know if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is common!

In the example image below, the rasters are on the same network drive as the tables that succeeded (GIS Prod Drive)

Cheers!

------------------------------
    Timothy Righetti
    Senior Spatial IT Business Analyst
    Nillumbik Shire Council
    Greensborough VIC

• 2.  RE: Map Uploader - Does not table match Raster or SQL Tables

Posted 05-19-2020 04:18
    Hello Timothy, I had exactly the same issue one week ago with SQL tables. I logged a call to support, but haven't been able to find a solution yet. We use SSA 2018.2.

Miquel Roy Sunyer
    Kirklees Council
    HUDDERSFIELD

• 3.  RE: Map Uploader - Does not table match Raster or SQL Tables

Posted 05-19-2020 21:23
    Edited by Timothy Righetti 05-19-2020 22:01
    Thanks Miquel, 

We are on 2019.1 so it may just be related to the Map Uploader V2 utility itself.

Just an update on the behavior, it appears that Raster and SQL tables can be matched in these two scenarios:
    1. If their existing tables are in the same repository folder as the named map being uploaded,
    2. If an existing named map is being overwritten, it seems to remember the SQL/Raster tables

So that does indicate that matching these two table types is part of the utility functionality, but does not search for existing Raster/SQL tables in the case of a new Named Map upload, like the native tables do.

Timothy Righetti
    Nillumbik Shire Council
    Greensborough VIC

• 4.  RE: Map Uploader - Does not table match Raster or SQL Tables

Posted 05-20-2020 21:12

Hi Timothy,

I can confirm I have seen this same issue in regards to SQL Linked tables, I had not seen it for Rasters but I believe all my rasters have the NamedTables in the same folder as the NamedMaps so I don't think you will see the issue in this situation.

I have raised the issue with support who have confirmed, hopefully we will see it fixed in the next release.

Duri Bradshaw
    Spatial IT Consultant
    Insight GIS

• 5.  RE: Map Uploader - Does not table match Raster or SQL Tables
    Best Answer

Employee
    Posted 05-21-2020 08:42
    Thanks for raising this Tim. As Duri mentioned above, this issue was originally observed in SQL linked tables and he had raised this with our support team recently. I can confirm that our Engineering team have since also added 'rasters/grids' to the list of testing criteria when they conduct their acceptance testing as part of the bug fix. 

For your reference, the bug number is SSS-2929 and it is planned to be fixed in the next major release at this stage.

Dave Kuo
    Software Support Analyst
    Pitney Bowes

• 6.  RE: Map Uploader - Does not table match Raster or SQL Tables

Posted 05-21-2020 18:46
    Thankyou very much Dave and Duri!

Timothy Righetti
    Nillumbik Shire Council