Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Map object info not updating in the data pane

Posted 12-04-2020 06:12
    Hi all

Does anyone know why the following is happening?

In a SSA (v18.2.0.1) when first clicking on a map object, in this case a section of road, the correct data for the object appears in the info pane on the left. However, if I click on another road section the information in the pane does not update but instead the banner at the top of the browser tab flashes briefly as though message is trying to pop up but can't maybe. Pop-ups are allowed in the browser though. This is happening for users in Chrome and Edge. Map information is enabled for the relevant layers in project settings.

Thanks
    Chris

------------------------------
    Chris Dickinson
    North Yorkshire County Council

• 2.  RE: Map object info not updating in the data pane

Posted 12-06-2020 20:01
    Hi Chris,

This seems to be a "funny" in 18.2 that occurs intermittently, even though Map Information is enabled it seems to lose itself.
    I have a two stage process I use on my SSA:

1. Disable Map Information for the offending layer and for the Parcels layer which drives many of my Data Binds, Save the Project, Reload the Page, Enable the Map Information for the layers, Save the Project, Reload the Page.

2. If Number 1 doesn't work then create a new Profile in Admin Console and assign it to the Project.

A bit of messing about but it works for me.

Cheers,

David Murphy
    SWAN HILL RURAL CITY COUNCIL
    Swan Hill VIC

• 3.  RE: Map object info not updating in the data pane

Posted 12-07-2020 08:39
    Thanks David

I have tracked it down to a corrupted .DAT file but I will keep your tips for any future issues

Kind Regards
    Chris

Chris Dickinson
    North Yorkshire County Council