Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Spatial Analyst Guest Role Session Timeout Issues - 2019.1

Posted 06-17-2020 03:06
    Hi

I've increased the session timeout for the guest role  from 30 to 180 as per the following article https://support.pitneybowes.com/VFP05_KnowledgeWithSidebarHowTo?id=kA180000000CoZMCA0&popup=false&lang=en_US

Since then i've had reports from users that they are now getting a login page instead of being passed to the project page. (this looks to have started before the 3hour mark). Clearing the browser cache seems to resolve this but then the issue reoccurs a short time later. I've since reverted these changes (180->30) but from what i can tell the issue still occurs.

I see other documentation which references 2 other settings, but only gives details on one\https://support.pitneybowes.com/VFP06_KnowledgeWithSidebarTroubleshoot?id=kA21E000000CuCFSA0&popup=false&lang=en_US

Any thoughts appreciated.

KR
    Kieran

------------------------------
    Kieran McGowan
    IT/GIS Officer
    Corangamite Shire Council
    Camperdown VIC

• 2.  RE: Spatial Analyst Guest Role Session Timeout Issues - 2019.1

Posted 06-17-2020 03:43
    Edited by Miquel Roy Sunyer 06-17-2020 03:44

Hi Kieran,

We're at 2018.2 and we've been having this issue or similar since the beginning, and still haven't been able to tell whether if it is a problem with our IT infrastructure or with SSA itself. The sessions time out even though they are not "real" timeout, because the timeout message itself doesn't appear in the screen. Users are forced to re-login after short time of inactivity (e.g. 10 minutes).

The issue however only happens when users are logged in from inside Council's network. When login with a personal device from home, the session lasts perfectly until 3 hours inactivity. We've been working with IT to see if the issue is related with the firewall, but all attempts have been in vain for now.

We'd definitely like to hear more about this issue.

Miquel Roy Sunyer
    Kirklees Council
    HUDDERSFIELD

• 3.  RE: Spatial Analyst Guest Role Session Timeout Issues - 2019.1

Employee
    Posted 06-18-2020 08:31
    Hi Kieran,

As per the second link that you shared, have you also updated the session timeout setting value for Spectrum Technology Platform to bring it in-sync with Spectrum Spatial Analyst?

Thank you,

Vishwas Gupta
    Pitney Bowes Software India Pvt. Lt
    NOIDA

• 4.  RE: Spatial Analyst Guest Role Session Timeout Issues - 2019.1

Posted 06-19-2020 02:10
    Hi Vishwas, the issue has gone away since reverting the setting in the web.xml file
    I originally increased this value because a user said they were being logged out when idle, i now know he was actually one of few using an account/logged in and not using the guest account.
    So i should have been changing this setting for logged on users, as guests didn't have the timeout problem issue.
    That was until i changed that setting.

I think the documentation needs to be more structured, consolidated and a little clearer from PB. I mean if i click one level back i get information on printers! 

Kieran McGowan
    IT/GIS Officer
    Camperdown VIC

• 5.  RE: Spatial Analyst Guest Role Session Timeout Issues - 2019.1

Posted 06-19-2020 03:21
    Hello,
    Can you specify where the web.xml file is and which parameter have you modified?

Thanks

Miquel Roy Sunyer
    Kirklees Council
    HUDDERSFIELD

• 6.  RE: Spatial Analyst Guest Role Session Timeout Issues - 2019.1

Posted 06-19-2020 04:45
    Its the one i mentioned in my original post: https://support.pitneybowes.com/VFP05_KnowledgeWithSidebarHowTo?id=kA180000000CoZMCA0&popup=false&lang=en_US

Kieran McGowan
    IT/GIS Officer
    Camperdown VIC

• 7.  RE: Spatial Analyst Guest Role Session Timeout Issues - 2019.1

Employee
    Posted 06-19-2020 05:22
    Edited by Vishwas Gupta 06-19-2020 05:22
    Hi Kieran,

Thank you for the feedback. We will discuss how to organize it better and make the navigation intuitive. 

Thanks,

Vishwas Gupta
    Pitney Bowes Software India Pvt. Lt
    NOIDA