Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  How to configure SSA for unathorized (guest) access?

Posted 05-29-2020 07:51
    How to configure SSA so that a guest user could log in SSA without an authorization window (e.g. https://demo.spectrumspatial.com/connect/analyst/mobile/#/main?mapcfg=Telco - Public    - any user can see map project and no need to sign in)

SSA version 2019.1

------------------------------
    Alexey Rublev
    Manager of the Department of Projects
    ESTI MAP (VAR)
    MOSCOW

• 2.  RE: How to configure SSA for unathorized (guest) access?

Posted 05-29-2020 08:31
    ​The documentation is here:

http://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/19.1/en/webhelp/Spatial/index.html#Spatial/source/Security/analyst/analyst_guest_access.html 
    The basic idea is that you enable guest (internally called anonymous) access and then provide a Spectrum role name (defaults to AnalystGuestRole) and a user/pwd (user name defaults to AnalystGuest).
    This goes into the shared.properties file so that the application knows what user and pwd to provide when the URL is launched.
    The rest is the same as any user/role in the produce.
    • You have to create the user and role in Spectrum Management Console and provide the credentials (they need to match what is in the properties file)
    • You have to give the user or role read access to the project(s) they should be allowed to see. 
    • Note that you cannot turn off rest authentication in Spectrum and have any of this really work. If rest authentication is off, everyone has access to everything.  Some folks in previous versions turned off rest auth for purposes of access to map tiling.

Eric Blasenheim
    Spectrum Spatial Technical Product Manager
    Troy, NY

• 3.  RE: How to configure SSA for unathorized (guest) access?

Posted 05-29-2020 08:50
      |   view attached
    Thank you, Eric, for your fast answer!
    My problem is that I have in shared.properties credentials for anonymous user:
    anonymousRoleName=AnalystGuestRole
    anonymousUsername=guest
    anonymousPassword=guest

and then I can't create user with name "guest" in Management Console - System shows Error message: a user witn this name already exist.
    But I don't see him in security list.
    ​​

Alexey Rublev
    ESTI MAP (VAR)
    MOSCOW

• 4.  RE: How to configure SSA for unathorized (guest) access?

Posted 05-29-2020 09:48
    I would not use the user "guest". At one time the system had a built in "guest" user account and I am guessing when they removed that as a "security hole" they probably left that user buried in there to prevent misuse. That is just a guess (not guest :) on my part but I got the same error trying to create "guest" too.
    I did notice that I could successfully create a user "гость"  although I did not try and put that into the Analyst config. Spectrum seemed ok with it.
    Just use AnalystGuest or something not simple "guest"

Eric Blasenheim
    Spectrum Spatial Technical Product Manager
    Troy, NY

• 5.  RE: How to configure SSA for unathorized (guest) access?

Posted 05-29-2020 14:16
    Got it! Thanks a lot!

Alexey Rublev
    ESTI MAP (VAR)
    MOSCOW