Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  SSA reaction to a Table Structure change

Posted 07-08-2020 19:23
      |   view attached
    hi. I run SSA 18.2.0.1
    My impressions of SSA's robustness are very positive in the face of some changes eg switching out a live dataset while SSA runs. 
    What is best practice if I decide to add new fields to a Live table eg Redundant Sewer lines needs more info added?
    Will SSA continue to map and report details on old or new fields in the table? or crash? Should I remove and Upload?
    (I assume the Template Designer will need to be used to create a new Template). Thanks

------------------------------
    Richard Lauder
    UPPER HUNTER SHIRE COUNCIL
    Scone NSW

• 2.  RE: SSA reaction to a Table Structure change

Posted 07-09-2020 19:28
    someone can correct me if im wrong, but in my experience as long as the volatile setting is enabled for the table it should be fine (the documentation states this is enabled by default, but it isnt, classic PB docs :) )adding a new field to a table you will need to edit the template and enable this to be visible

Kieran McGowan
    IT/GIS Officer
    Corangamite Shire Council
    Camperdown VIC

• 3.  RE: SSA reaction to a Table Structure change

Posted 07-09-2020 22:40
    Kieran is on the money

Make sure the NamedTable is set to volatile in Spatial Manager, while this is the default when you create a NamedTable for at TAB using Spatial Manager it is not the default when using the MapUploader from MapInfo.

More info here
    https://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/19.1/en/webhelp/Spatial/index.html#Spatial/source/Administration/config/configuring/configuring_volatile_flag.html

Duri Bradshaw
    Spatial IT Consultant
    Insight GIS

• 4.  RE: SSA reaction to a Table Structure change

Posted 07-09-2020 23:05
    thanks gents. Exactly what I needed - cheers

Richard Lauder
    UPPER HUNTER SHIRE COUNCIL
    Scone NSW