Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  How to use use External Web Service to get Spatial Data

Posted 07-29-2020 08:50
    Dear All.

How can I use External Web Service API in Spectrum Management Console 2018.2.0 to get Spatial Data from vendors that will enable me to create Maps/projects in Spatial Analyst?

We don't have access to the vendor's spatial data except by using External Web Service.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel Motla

------------------------------
    Abel Motla
    Application Support Consultant
    ST Group
    Gauteng

• 2.  RE: How to use use External Web Service to get Spatial Data
    Best Answer

Posted 07-30-2020 12:24

Hi Abel

Thanks for the post.

After discussing with you I just wanted to summarise our discussion for the record.

As I understand the data is coming from an external web service and is currently being accessed via a Spectrum data flow and inserted into SQL Server.

It is possible in Spectrum Spatial Manager to connect to SQL Server and bring that table into Spectrum Spatial either as a Spatial table (if it has a geometry column in SQL Server) or as an XY Table (if it just has latitude and longitude columns). In both cases you can then create a layer for it in Spatial Manager, style it and then add that layer to a Spectrum Spatial Analyst map project, in SSA's project settings.

Also, if you need to, you can also use the Write Spatial Data stage in the data flow to insert the data into an already existing SQL server table. The Write Spatial Data stage supports adding geometry such as lines and polygons. Much will depend on what format your service is returning the geometry in. GeoJSON would be a common format, for example.

If you have further questions let us know and I can point you in the direction of others who can help

Mustafa

Mustafa Ismail
    Product Architect
    Pitney Bowes
    London UK

• 3.  RE: How to use use External Web Service to get Spatial Data

Posted 07-31-2020 08:39
    Hi Mustafa,

Thank you very much this will definitely work for us, much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Abel Motla
    Application Support Consultant
    ST Group
    Gauteng