Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Layer permissions after editing existing map using MapInfo Uploader

Posted 08-27-2020 00:34
    Is it normal behavior that when i add new layers into an exiting mi workspace, then use the Mapinfo Uploader tool to upload them and overwrite the existing spectrum map and matched tables....that... although the new layers are visible in analyst, they have no information in the callout and zero permissions assignment in spatial manager? Furthermore the "Enable Map Information​" checkbox is not checked for these new layers in the project settings..

maybe i'm going cracked but i dont remember having to do this each time i made a change to a workspace/ssa map?

------------------------------
    Kieran McGowan
    IT/GIS Officer
    Corangamite Shire Council
    Camperdown VIC

• 2.  RE: Layer permissions after editing existing map using MapInfo Uploader

Posted 08-27-2020 00:59
    Hi Kieran,

This doesn't sound like normal behaviour to me.  I would start by clearing the browser cache and restarting the Pitney Bowes Spectrum Technology Platform service first, if you have not already.

Then, if the problem persists, check the structure of the new tables.  SSA cannot handle certain field names.  I don't know which ones, but I had trouble with a table that contained a field named "Date".  Changing this to "AssetDate" then restarting the Pitney Bowes Spectrum Technology Platform service fixed the problem.

James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd
    Mentone, VIC, Australia

• 3.  RE: Layer permissions after editing existing map using MapInfo Uploader

Posted 08-27-2020 02:39
    Thanks James, adding the missing role permissions to the new tables and checking the box beside 'enable map information' in the project settings fixed the issue , The callout then showed information for those 4 new tables.

I just don't understand how these settings were overlooked on upload to spectrum

Kieran McGowan
    IT/GIS Officer
    Camperdown VIC

• 4.  RE: Layer permissions after editing existing map using MapInfo Uploader

Posted 08-30-2020 19:08
    Hi Kieran,

I believe "enable map information" now defaults to on rather than off for new layers as of 2019.1 (S07), although its not listed as a change in the release notes I certainly remember seeing the issue prior to applying this patch.

I think its normal for all new NameTables to have no permissions, when you first set-up a project you only need to give permissions to the project and then these permissions are automatically propagated down to all the layers and tables used in the project, however when adding a new layer you need to grant permissions to the NamedLayer which will then propagate to the NameTable.

Duri Bradshaw
    Spatial IT Consultant
    Insight GIS

• 5.  RE: Layer permissions after editing existing map using MapInfo Uploader

Posted 08-30-2020 19:28
    Hi Duri,

Thanks for explaining, i guess because i can't remember running into this problem before i assumed that new tables/layers would inherit the same permissions of the map and its existing layers. Bit of a pain but i guess it makes sense for environments where user access segregation is more important than here. 

Thanks a mil
    Kieran

Kieran McGowan
    IT/GIS Officer
    Camperdown VIC