Data Points

View Only
  • 1.  Data Education

Posted 10-18-2019 13:19
    I am currently attending a part time MBA in the evenings at Arizona State University. As part of the curriculum, I just finished a class called Decision Making with Data Analytics. Although I work with data every day, I learned so many new things about how data, machine learning, and AI is being used by businesses to improve decisions and make better products. One thing I found very helpful was learning the basics to R, one thing the engineering teams use but I had never dabbled in.

This made me think, has anyone taken any courses that are cheap or free that they would recommend to others?

I would love to learn more and keep this fresh in mind, in order to help bring even better data products to our customers.

------------------------------
    James Tobias
    Data Product Manager
    Pitney Bowes

• 2.  RE: Data Education

Employee
    Posted 10-21-2019 08:51
    Hi James,

R seems to be a very popular application for data science. I have yet to dip my toes into it as I'm still learning the basics about machine learning and AI. However; answering your call for free learning content, anyone who wants a very simple explanation of machine learning will not be wasting their time on this one. Very concise and easy to understand.

Cheers,
    Anthony

Anthony Puckett
    Pitney Bowes
    White River Junction VT