Data Points

View Only
  • 1.  Property Attribute field BUSNAME

Posted 12-13-2019 10:50
    I am working as a Reseller and one potential client ask me an interesting question last week.

Do you know what "Business Name" is? Does PB do work to tie LLC's together and produce a parent company name? This would be very valuable to us. 

In short, does the field BUSNAME represent the legal entity name of a Business Name in the Property Attribute Dataset? I haven't found this information in the doc.

I would like to have a confirmation on this assumption.

------------------------------
    Guillaume Fouquet, ing., P. Eng.
    Geospatial Expert / Expert Géospatial
    korem.com | Phone: (418) 647-1555 ext. 2167 | Toll free: 1-888-440-1MAP

• 2.  RE: Property Attribute field BUSNAME

Employee
    Posted 12-24-2019 21:35
    Guillaume,

For your first question, we have corporate hierarchy data collected for business locations as part of our World Premium Points of Interest data.  Each business location will be linked to its Global Parent to tie individual locations and LLCs to their corporate hierarchy. 

For your second question, the BUSNAME in Property Attributes represents the name of the company that is registered with the tax assessor's office for the local jurisdiction.  For example, the Pitney Bowes office in Boulder, CO has a POI assigned to it which will give all of the information about the business, while the Property Attribute point associated with the same address is tied to Boulder East Tierra Property Owner LLC as they are the company that owns the office plaza in which Pitney Bowes Boulder leases space.  

I've attached an image as well, for clarification.  Please reach out to me if you have any further questions

Thomas McKean
    Data Product Manager

Thomas McKean
    Product Manager, Location Data
    Pitney Bowes Software Inc.
    Boulder, CO