UK Users Group

View Only
  • 1.  Mapinfo Pro 19.3 crash behaviour

Posted 09-08-2021 10:41

Hi

I had 19.3 (r41) installed on my work desktop last summer. I've been using the new OS (Ordnance Survey) API background data on my projects and haven't had issues. I've not tried to load some other older OS data until today. When I tried to load in some OS tabs with georeferenced image tif tiles MIPro crashes instantly, no pause just dies. I tried a number of different datasets and the response is the same when loading workspace or a single tab.

I'm fairly convinced this isn't MIPro itself as my work pc seems to misbehave working with various image filetypes. Tifs are registered against Windows Picture Viewer in Settings/Default associations on Win10 pc.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or might have a suggestion to point me towards something that might solve it?

------------------------------
    Martin Dowler
    CHESHIRE & WIRRAL PARTNERSHIP NHS TRUST

• 2.  RE: Mapinfo Pro 19.3 crash behaviour

Posted 09-08-2021 11:20
    Hi Martin
    The latest Build is 45 and worth installing
    https://support.precisely.com/product-downloads/item/mapinfo-pro-v2019-3-evaluation-version/
    How old are your tif files and what OS product?

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Mapinfo Pro 19.3 crash behaviour

Posted 09-08-2021 11:28
    OS 50k/250k - 2014/2015
    OS Vectormap - 2019

Will probably not install r45 hold off until v2021 as my machine has Office 16 on it and policies for Office 365 are causing issues.

Martin Dowler

• 4.  RE: Mapinfo Pro 19.3 crash behaviour

Posted 09-08-2021 15:59
    Well there shouldn't be any issues with the VML.
    The 2014 editions are a bit old (I don't think you should be using them) but should still be fine.
    I remember there was a glitch with the old black and white 1:10,000 scale raster with an old tif format.
    A bit odd this one.

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 5.  RE: Mapinfo Pro 19.3 crash behaviour

Posted 09-10-2021 06:55
    Hi Martin,

I have MIPro 2019 v3 Build 43. I have loaded OS 250k/50k and VML both as Seamless tables and as MI Extended Tab files without issue. I would think your suspicion that it is not MIPro is correct.

Trevor Adams
    METROPOLITAN POLICE SERVICES
    London

• 6.  RE: Mapinfo Pro 19.3 crash behaviour

Posted 09-10-2021 07:04
    Yes. The fact that it happily creates tabs from my data and displays OS API data and that since I got this machine Ive never opened one of my older workspaces to call on one of the older OS tab files leads me to think that its a Windows corruption, perhaps the registry. I may get the pc reformatted with O365 and just put v2021 on it when it arrives. If that doesn't work then Ill start to worry... :)

Martin Dowler