UK Users Group

View Only
  • 1.  MI Pro 17 Universal Translator failing to convert Vectormap gz files

Posted 11-06-2019 12:29

Hi, I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem or know of a solution?

I am trying to convert OS Vectormap local gz files using the in-built universal translator in MI Pro 17.0. I have tried to translate a large dataset and also split the dataset into sub-folders to see if the problem also affects smaller translations.

It does generate a set of tab files but comes up with an error at the end of the process and when I open the tables the area does not look correct. The attached screenshot should show OS grid SK but it looks wrong (to me anyway). 
    Process.txt is the output from the translator in case anyone is a whizz at understanding it..

I also tried using OS own translator but although that seemed to work it didn't actually output any files.

Many thanks, Martin

------------------------------
    Martin Dowler
    CHESHIRE & WIRRAL PARTNERSHIP NHS TRUST

Attachment(s)

txt
    process.txt   165 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: MI Pro 17 Universal Translator failing to convert Vectormap gz files

Posted 11-07-2019 06:36
    Martin, have you tried the Geopackage version of OS VectorMap Local instead?

• 3.  RE: MI Pro 17 Universal Translator failing to convert Vectormap gz files

Posted 11-07-2019 08:16
    Hi Martin
    Trying to remember when OS last changed the Spec and Schema...
    I downloaded the latest xsd file and that worked.
    Point to it in the Parameters section of UT.
    See if that works....

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom