UK Users Group

View Only
  • 1.  MapBasic v 17.0.3 (64-bit) - altering text in Layout Legend Frames in MapInfo Pro v 17.0.3 (64-bit)

Posted 08-21-2019 07:08
    Hello all, I wonder if you can help me?

I'm trialling MapInfo v 17.0.3 and needing to re-write some of our MapBasic tools. I don't know MapBasic so mainly need to copy and paste from the MapBasic window.

We have been using an in-house tool with MapInfo v15 and earlier which runs a search on several layers, styles a map with the results and creates a Legend Designer which we could then insert into a Layout frame (created from a workspace).  Now, because the new Layout Designer does not take in old Legend Designer windows as frames, I want to make a new tool which, after we open our Layout workspace (which includes 2 map frames and 2 text frames), creates Legend Frames for all the map layers and then amends the text in each Legend Frame so that we have our standard legend back.

I have managed to create the Legend Frames, but I am failing to alter the Legend Frame text. I have looked here
    http://support.pitneybowes.com/SearchArticles/VFP05_KnowledgeWithSidebarHowTo?id=kA180000000Xg0MCAS&popup=false;&lang=en_US
    but I think this only applies to Text Frames, not Legend Frames.

The text for the Legend Frame creation, which works, is:
    Create Designer Legend Portrait Default Frame Title "#" Font ("Arial",0,8,0) Default Frame Region Height 11 Units "pt" Frame From Layer 1 Frame
    etc. for each layer

I then have:
    Alter Designer Frame Id 1 Title "Data Enquiry" Font ("Arial", 0, 10, 0)
    Alter Designer Frame Id 1 Style Font("Arial", 0, 7, 0) ID 1 Text "Search Point" ID 2 Text "Search Area"
    etc. for each layer

This is copied from the MapBasic window (apart from removing window ids like Window 3051) when I do it manually, but when I run this from the mbx, nothing happens - the text isn't changed.

Am I using the wrong terms, or is it something to do with the Frame Ids?  I really need to automate this as we run the process several times a day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Many thanks,
    Jane

------------------------------
    Jane Mason
    Biological Records Officer (GIS), Suffolk Biodiversity Information Service, UK

• 2.  RE: MapBasic v 17.0.3 (64-bit) - altering text in Layout Legend Frames in MapInfo Pro v 17.0.3 (64-bit)

Employee
    Posted 08-21-2019 08:24
    Hi Jane

You might already have seen the answer I provide in the MapInfo Pro Developers Community.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Pitney Bowes

• 3.  RE: MapBasic v 17.0.3 (64-bit) - altering text in Layout Legend Frames in MapInfo Pro v 17.0.3 (64-bit)

Posted 08-21-2019 08:59
    Yes I have, many thanks Peter

Jane Mason
    Biological Records Officer (GIS), Suffolk Biodiversity Information Service, UK