UK Users Group

View Only
  • 1.  Has anyone had a closer look at the Ordnance Survey Zoomstack data

Posted 09-17-2018 08:39

Has anyone downloaded? the beta Zoomstack GeoPackage from Ordnance Survey - OpenData. GeoPackage doesn't store styling but you can apply a style when you open a layer. Some - like Roads - will need a thematic map to separate the different road types. 10GB of data for the whole of GB.

• 2.  RE: Has anyone had a closer look at the Ordnance Survey Zoomstack data

Posted 09-23-2018 11:12

Hi John,

I have played with it a bit and I think for free it is great - You can apply a style after opening. The weak area as far as I can tell is text handling - what have you done with ?that?

• 3.  RE: Has anyone had a closer look at the Ordnance Survey Zoomstack data

Posted 09-25-2018 05:17

You need to apply thematics for the different road classes and they are separated into Local, Regional and National - so you can apply zoom layering. They have also split the buildings into 2 resolutions but adopted a different naming convention. But all the rest have different resolutions (local, regional or national) within the same layer. Look closer at the Woodland layer - there are 2 polygons for the same wood!! Therefore you would need to run conditional queries to separate them. However, running so many queries for national data just kills the workspace dead.

I encourage you to send feedback...