UK Users Group

View Only
  • 1.  BuchananMUGUK

Posted 06-12-2018 15:22
      |   view attached

Hi all,

Attached are the slides from our presentation at the user group. 'Transforming ParkMap with 64bit MapInfo.'

This describes how we built the new ribbon and legend interface using MapBasic and .Net in MapInfo 64bit

Regards

Robin Morrison & David Wilson

Attachment(s)

pdf
    BuchananMUGUK.pdf   1.18 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: BuchananMUGUK

Employee
    Posted 06-13-2018 03:29

Thanks for sharing, David. Looks very good and I'm specially glad to hear that you have ended up with a more user friendly tool after moving to the ribbon interface.

I can see you created your own combined Legend/Layer Control. Were you missing specific things in the standard Layer Control/Layer List in MapInfo Pro? Just wondering if there is things we could improve on.

Big icons in the Map Mini Toolbar?? I hadn't even considered that. Looks pretty good though!

• 3.  RE: BuchananMUGUK

Posted 06-13-2018 03:59

Hi Peter,

Thanks again for all your help in getting the ribbon sorted out, glad you like it.

Our legend is used to enable users to select which restrictions are displayed and then when in 'edit' mode for selecting which restriction type to plot. So it's not really a conventional legend or layer control as such. Also we don't want users to be able to select items to edit outside of the program so most layer controls are hidden or removed. Most users will be using MI Runtime anyway so we have more control on what they can do.