MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Large Raster Rendering Performance in MapInfo Pro 2019 vs 2021

Posted 10-13-2021 18:15
    About a year ago I wrote an article discussing some of the issues associated with rendering large rasters in MapInfo Pro and proposing various workarounds and tips to deal with those issues.

That article was written for MapInfo Pro 2019.3. Since then, MapInfo Pro 2021 has been released and it includes a new feature - reprojection of Bing Maps layers into the coordinate system of the map. This is a major change and I have updated the article to examine how this impacts large raster rendering.

It is a 'deep dive' article but if you wade through it you will find some useful tips. You can find it on my website here. Let me know if you get anything out of it! 

------------------------------
    Sam Roberts
    Founder, Roberts Geospatial Engineering
    Australia

• 2.  RE: Large Raster Rendering Performance in MapInfo Pro 2019 vs 2021

Employee
    Posted 10-14-2021 01:45
    Great article, Sam.

I think very few MapInfo Pro users are aware of the MRD. As you know we have started introducing MVR (MapInfo Virtual Raster) in a few places in the user interface. One of these places is through the Reproject operation. This makes it easy for users to reproject rasters without having to create a full copy of the potential large raster dataset.

Is there any difference between using an MRD and the MVR?

Thanks

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data