MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Printing larger layout windows to smaller page sizes

Posted 05-07-2021 14:23
    Hello.  I was trying to print an E-size layout window to multiple letter-size pages in MapInfo (V2019.3 64-bit).  In older versions, you could set the number of pages across and down for the layout window.  I'm unable to repeat that in the newer version.  When I make my layout window E size, and then try to print to 8½x11", the printer only prints the first page (the top left corner of the E size layout).  I have tried to print to pdf (using MapInfo PDF Printer Version 2019) and used "Enable Scaling" on the Paper Settings menu of the printer Properties, trying Scale By 100% and Fit across 5 Rows and 5 Columns.  Neither method worked.

Any help on what I might be doing wrong here?  In previous MapInfo versions, it was easy to go into Layout Options and choose the number of pages across and down, but I can't find that same dialog or functionality in this version.

Thank you,
    Mark

------------------------------
    Mark Lane
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Printing larger layout windows to smaller page sizes

Employee
    Posted 05-10-2021 03:46
    Hi Mark

Have you tried printing to a PDF E-size and then from Adobe Acrobat print the PDF file to 5 by 5 using the Poster option?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: Printing larger layout windows to smaller page sizes

Posted 05-14-2021 11:39
    Thanks, Peter.  My associate was doing the printing, and said he was unable to do so across multiple letter-size pages.  Perhaps I should verify his steps.  But I was hoping there was a way to create the pdf itself in multiple pages in MapInfo to make things easier for him since we're still work-from-home and I can't walk over to help him.  

Appreciate the advice.

Mark

Mark Lane
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 4.  RE: Printing larger layout windows to smaller page sizes

Employee
    Posted 05-17-2021 01:52
    Hi Mark

Unfortunately not.
    There is this idea on the Precisely Ideas site: Printing on multiple A4 sheets - like we used to do with the 32-bit?

But it's marked as not something we are like to implement.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data