MapInfo Pro

View Only

MapInfo Monday: The Window List in MapInfo Pro

• 1.  MapInfo Monday: The Window List in MapInfo Pro

Employee
    Posted 11-19-2020 03:41
    Edited by Peter Møller 02-22-2022 02:35

Time for another #MapInfoMonday tip.

MapInfo Pro lets you create multiple maps, browsers, and layout windows and after a while, you can end up with a lot of windows.

Luckily the Window List that you can find in the Explorer window, and as a stand-alone window too, helps you find and work with these windows.

You can use the checkbox next to the window names to show and hide the windows. This doesn't close the window, so you can very easily show the window again when you need it.

Another useful feature that I often use when I have many windows, is to double-click on the window. This brings the window to the front and makes it the active window. For map windows, you can do this via the map element in the Layer List part of the Explorer window too.

And finally, you can right-click on the windows and for example, change the window state from tabbed to float or docked if you prefer those states to the standard tabbed state.

#MapInfoMonday is your way to tips & tricks around MapInfo Pro. If you are looking for tips in a specific area of MapInfo Pro, let me know.

This article was initially posted on LinkedIn.

------------------------------
    Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data
    ------------------------------