MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  MIP Tab: NativeX to Native format

Posted 07-22-2021 22:11
      |   view attached
    Hi,

Has anyone been able to convert back from MIP Tab: NativeX to Native format?

I appreciate there are limitations. The error I'm getting is 

"table cannot be opened or created because it has too many fields (maximum is 250). Unable to create new table"

Is there any work around, without having to modify the file structure? OR force the process to at least start?

Cheers, Mike

NativeX to Native format

------------------------------
    Mike Woodbury
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: MIP Tab: NativeX to Native format

Employee
    Posted 07-23-2021 08:41
    NativeX (MapInfo Extended) format was specifically created so previous limits of Native format could be extended in this new format. 
    MIPro Engineering could not just alter Native format without breaking backwards compatibility for users of earlier versions, so a new format had to be created that allowed increase in number of columns (up to 1000), Increased record lengths, support for file sizes past 2GB, UTF-8\UTF-16 support, etc. 
    Unless you alter the table structure or other properties of this table that made it NativeX​, it cannot be saved as the original Native tab format.

Bill Wemple
    Principal Software Engineer, Quality Management
    Precisely, Inc
    precisely.com

• 3.  RE: MIP Tab: NativeX to Native format

Posted 07-23-2021 14:03
    Thank you.

If there is no way, I will delete a number of columns and get the file  <250. A number of the discover tools and MM don't work with NativeX format. 

Honestly, without NativeX we couldn't do our job. We process v. large files at SensOre. Some times over the entire Australian continent.

Can I also ask if MIP will become multi-core aware soon?

Cheers 

Sent from Mike W iPhone

• 4.  RE: MIP Tab: NativeX to Native format

Employee
    Posted 07-27-2021 01:27
    Hi Mike

Have you checked with Datamine if are looking to update these tools to support NativeX?

What is "MM"?

As for multi core support, it would be good to get a bit more detail from you. MapInfo Pro does support multi-threading for a number of the spatial processing tools and the raster tools. What jobs are you doing where you'd like to see this? I assume you generally are looking for improved performance for these jobs, right?

thanks

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data