MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  MapInfo Viewer 17.0.2 Error on Startup

Posted 02-13-2019 01:48
    Hi, 

We just upgraded to MapInfo Pro 17.0.2 a yesterday and when we attempt to run MapInfo Viewer it shows an error upon starting then we are unable to proceed any further.

When the icon is clicked it opens the MapInfo Pro 17.0.2 Splash Screen and then the IE page displaying Navigation to the Webpage was Canceled and then shows Refresh the Page.  When Refresh the Page is clicked, the next page shows This Page Can't Be Displayed.  (Screenshots Attached)

Quoted Below:
    This page can't be displayed

Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://login.pitneybowes.com again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator.

I have checked the internet explorer settings which seem ok and also do not believe that our firewall is blocking access.  I have also checked popup settings.  When I try to go to https://login.pitneybowes.com/ I get a 404 page that says We Can't Find That Page On Our Server which leads me to believe that it may not be on our end.  I have also tried from a mobile phone and tethering the pc through the mobile phone just to prove that the firewall is not blocking access.  I am also including 3 screenshots showing the various messages.  

Any help would be much appreciated.  

Thanks, 
    Mike

------------------------------
    Micheal Drain
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: MapInfo Viewer 17.0.2 Error on Startup

Employee
    Posted 02-13-2019 18:33
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.
    Our Support team will contact you soon and start investigating on this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Ruchi Mishra
    Pitney Bowes

Ruchi Mishra
    Shelton CT

• 3.  RE: MapInfo Viewer 17.0.2 Error on Startup

Employee
    Posted 02-15-2019 09:25
    Edited by David Oneill 02-15-2019 09:29

Hey Michael,

This is David O'Neill from the MapInfo Pro Engineering team. Can you please check the following file for me and validate that the following attribute is in your config file: 

1) Close all versions of MapInfo Pro v17
    2) Open C:\Program Files\MapInfo\Professional\MapInfoPro.exe.config file using a text editor like NOTEPAD
    3) Ensure the following line is in your RUNTIME Parameters in the MapInfoPro.exe.config
    <AppContextSwitchOverrides value="Switch.System.Net.DontEnableSchUseStrongCrypto=false"/>

4) Click Save
    5) Launch MapInfo Pro v17

Also what version of Internet Explorer is that? It looks a little older than Internet Explorer 11. Unfortunately for technical reasons we only support Internet Explorer 11 and above for the for the Login/Sign up Dialogs.

Here is a knowledge article on an issue related to your problem. It has some additional things for you to check.
    http://support.pitneybowes.com/VFP06_KnowledgeWithSidebarTroubleshoot?id=kA280000000TUeCCAW 

Let me know how it goes. If the issue persists, we can set up a call to help diagnose the issue.

David Oneill
    Shelton CT

• 4.  RE: MapInfo Viewer 17.0.2 Error on Startup

Posted 02-20-2019 01:41
      |   view attached
    Hi David,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I had checked and confirmed that it was configured as it should be. 

However, I have found the issue which was on our end.  I had to add the following URLs into our proxy white list as it was getting blocked on the SSL packet inspection.

Sites White listed:
    *.pitneybowes.com
    *.apigee.net
    *.okta.com

Since adding the whitelisting the sites my login is now being processed.  Unfortunately, I am now receiving another error.  Can you please help with this one?

Error received with a screen shot attached below: https://assets.adobedtm.com/1fda250a1efc690b2c6c69e8d73b0fb436ba5377/satelliteLib-b27b2abe312ed2d742dbd1d5eba6580389261158.js

Thanks,

Mike

Micheal Drain

• 5.  RE: MapInfo Viewer 17.0.2 Error on Startup

Employee
    Posted 02-20-2019 14:12
    Michael,

This seems to be an error that is unfamiliar to Techsupport, and likely requires further research by Engineering.

It may be best for you to either call Techsupport in your part of the world, or email the error, screen shot, and other information that you have tried.
    That way Techsupport can work directly with Engineering for a more thorough investigation.

Techsupport email:
    Software.support@pb.com

The issue will also be documented by Techsupport, which will help other customers who may run into the same problem. We would likely post an article on the resolution as well.

Regards,
    GregB-

Greg Bachinsky
    Advisory Software Support Analyst
    Worldwide Software Support
    Troy NY

• 6.  RE: MapInfo Viewer 17.0.2 Error on Startup

Posted 02-20-2019 19:36
    Edited by Micheal Drain 02-21-2019 19:30
    Hi, 
    The error occurs when either when running MapInfo Viewer when the logon screen pops up or when attempting to switch user it pops up with the logon window.  If either yes or no is clicked it proceeds back to the logon page which works successfully.  I have also whitelisted the address in our proxy and the error still occurs.  
    We are running it on an old server running Windows Server 2008 r2 and IE 11.  When testing two days ago, I never got the error message.
    Please see attached screenshot. 
    2019-02-20 16_29_19-Remote Desktop Manager Free [Emblem].jpg
    Kind Regards,

Micheal D

• 7.  RE: MapInfo Viewer 17.0.2 Error on Startup

Posted 02-20-2019 20:08
    Edited by Micheal Drain 02-21-2019 19:29
    Hi Nick,
    In addition to the last email where you were able to duplicate the issue, I am attaching 2 other screen shots.  
    This one is when I start MapInfo Viewer when I have been logged out..
    image.png
    And this one is when I am in MapInfo Viewer and attempt to Switch User 
    image.png
    It basically pops up when it invokes the login screen. When either Yes or No are clicked, it then proceeds to the logon screen where it works with no further issues.  This didn't start occurring until yesterday. I sent this as to possibly help your developers fix the issue. 
    Also, as discussed the only way to log off from the viewer is to run MapInfo Pro and logoff within that program.  (Please see if this can be added to a future version)
    Thanks again for your help.
    Kind Regards,

Micheal D

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 10:36, Micheal Drain <micheal.drain@autogeneral.com.au> wrote:
    Hi, 
    The error occurs when either when running MapInfo Viewer when the logon screen pops up or when attempting to switch user it pops up with the logon window.  If either yes or no is clicked it proceeds back to the logon page which works successfully.  I have also whitelisted the address in our proxy and the error still occurs.  
    We are running it on an old server running Windows Server 2008 r2 and IE 11.  When testing two days ago, I never got the error message.
    Please see attached screenshot. 
    2019-02-20 16_29_19-Remote Desktop Manager Free [Emblem].jpg
    Kind Regards,

Micheal D

• 8.  RE: MapInfo Viewer 17.0.2 Error on Startup
    Best Answer

Employee
    Posted 02-21-2019 13:51
    Hey Micheal and everyone on this thread,

I worked through this issue today with our web engineering team and we found out that there was an issue with an Adobe component . This was causing the script error you were experiencing. We worked with Adobe to diagnose the issue and validated that there was a change at there end that was causing the script error.

We found a fix and rolled it out to production. We confirmed that is no longer an issue on any of my test machines. Let me know if you are still having issues at your end.

Thanks,
    David

David Oneill
    Shelton CT

• 9.  RE: MapInfo Viewer 17.0.2 Error on Startup

Employee
    Posted 02-21-2019 17:29
    That's wonderful! Thanks David :)

Ruchi Mishra
    Pitney Bowes Software Pty Ltd
    Shelton CT

• 10.  RE: MapInfo Viewer 17.0.2 Error on Startup

Posted 02-21-2019 19:26
    Edited by Micheal Drain 02-21-2019 19:28
    Hi David,
    The adobe/javascript error is no longer occurring when running MapInfo viewer.  
    Thank you for the prompt response and for sorting out the issue so quickly as your effort has been greatly appreciated.
    Great Support from all involved!
    Kind Regards,

Mike