MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  V19.2 slowing down

Posted 10-09-2020 10:31
    Hi,

client of mine has been experiencing some problems with MapInfo Adv V19.2 and performance.  He has noticed that every time he starts Pro it takes longer and longer to finish loading and give him control.  He ended up having to uninstall and re-install.   

I suggested unticking all the Autoload tools and then seeing if that makes a difference.  Over the last few weeks he's discovered its the Quick Search that appears to be responsible.   If he doesn't load it at start up MapInfo behave normally, if he does load it the start up process gets slower and slower.

Not a show stopper but any ideas why?

Nick

------------------------------
    Nick Hall
    Mapchester LTD
    nick.hall@mapchester.co.uk

• 2.  RE: V19.2 slowing down

Employee
    Posted 10-13-2020 19:24
    Hi Nick,

Your post is timely. We just noticed the same thing today. We are looking into it.
    When a tool is loaded or unloaded quicksearch updates its list of ribbon commands. But we are not quite sure what is slowing it down yet.

We are not sure if it is related to the option to search the mapinfo marketplace which can be turned off in the tools context menu.
    The marketplace is only supposed to be searched once per session, but maybe something is broken.

-Bob
    -Bob

Bob Fortin
    Software Architect and Distinguished Engineer
    MapInfo Pro Development Team

• 3.  RE: V19.2 slowing down

Employee
    Posted 10-16-2020 15:21
    Update, There is some bad data in the marketplace causing an issue.

Try turning off Marketplace search in the quicksearch tool context menu.
    Or try not autoloading quicksearch

We will fix the data and also have a fix to prevent it from impacting startup time in 2019.3

Bob Fortin
    Software Architect and Distinguished Engineer
    MapInfo Pro Development Team

• 4.  RE: V19.2 slowing down

Posted 11-18-2020 09:58
    Bob-

I loaded version 2019.3 a couple weeks ago and I'm still seeing​ slow start-up times (1 minute at least).  I disabled the welcome screen, marketplace,  and quick search with no improvements so far.

Thanks,
    Jay Russell

Jay Russell
    CENTERPOINT ENERGY RESOURCES
    Houston TX