MapInfo Pro

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

(Datamine Support Ticket 105887, Scale bar, Nth Arrow & Projection Information, Un-Linked, Lacks functionality, Lost when you re-scale or move, Scale Bar height (re-sizing) & "," in my scale e.g. 100,000

• 1.  (Datamine Support Ticket 105887, Scale bar, Nth Arrow & Projection Information, Un-Linked, Lacks functionality, Lost when you re-scale or move, Scale Bar height (re-sizing) & "," in my scale e.g. 100,000

Posted 10-25-2021 03:25
      |   view attached

Hi Everyone,

No luck with Datamine (Discover Support on these issue/question to them, Datamine ticket ID below)

North arrow floats on top of all layers (as I understand it). I cannot assign to the cosmetic layer, and the projection information has to be cut and paste to the cosmetic layer. I'm working in the mapper window (all the time, don't use the Datamine [discover] layer control 'for many reasons, which I will not explain here').

Mapper window is the way to go for my slides / reviews. Have a good workflow to do this.

One issue........

Issue:
    When I move to a new area of interest (on the map, in the mapper window), the Nth arrow (and projection info - which I cut and paste into the mapper window) is lost (lefty behind), whereas the scale moves

Does anyone know how I can link the north area, projection information to the scale bar? Would be most helpful

I'm spending a lot of time chase up my north-arrow and projection information (every time I re-scale or more to another area in the map)

Can you please provide any helpful information / hints on this? 

As well, please advise on how to reduce the size (horizontal size) of the MIP scale bar (I did send Datamine Support examples how its managed in QGIS; ArcGIS Pro also handles this task). The MIP scale bar has a lot of height, and I wish to reduce the vertical size (see examples attached, height is fixed), (adding in more functionality)

There is no functionality inside Datamine Discover to do any of the above?

Cheers, Mike

(Datamine Support Ticket 105887: Scale bar, Nth Arrow & Projection Information, Un-Linked, Lacks functionality, Lost when you re-scale or move, Scale Bar height (re-sizing)

------------------------------
    Mike Woodbury
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: (Datamine Support Ticket 105887, Scale bar, Nth Arrow & Projection Information, Un-Linked, Lacks functionality, Lost when you re-scale or move, Scale Bar height (re-sizing) & "," in my scale e.g. 100,000

Posted 11-02-2021 00:27
    Hi All,

Is there any way in MapInfo Pro to link the scale bar, to the nth arrow and some text as my projection information? Please see my example in screen shot

Cheers

Mike Woodbury
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 3.  RE: (Datamine Support Ticket 105887, Scale bar, Nth Arrow & Projection Information, Un-Linked, Lacks functionality, Lost when you re-scale or move, Scale Bar height (re-sizing) & "," in my scale e.g. 100,000

Employee
    Posted 11-02-2021 02:38
    Hi Mike

MapInfo Pro has a couple of options that might be helpful for you.

You can insert a scalebar via the Add to Map dropdown on the Map tab. This scalebar will be positioned relative to the window and will stay at this position when you zoom and pan your map.

With MapInfo Pro v2021 we added support for Smart Text adornments for the map. This allows you to add texts to your map. These can either be fixed strings or dynamic strings using MapBasic functions. Below on the map, I have inserted a title in the top left corner referring to the window title and in the lower right corner, you see a text referring to the name of the coordinate system.

There are a couple more examples in the article I link to.

Alternatively, you could add these elements to a layout and even work through this.

That's also the only option I can think of for adding a north arrow to the map that won't change position as you zoom and pan the map.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data