MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  changing - mapper, explorer and legend windows 'moving around'

Posted 07-22-2021 22:24

Hi,

Has anyone come across this issue and any possible fix, for their mapper window 'moving around' when you have the explorer window, mapper window and legend window open in MIP in a saved workspace?

On opening mip every morning / or a saved *.wor it's reverted to another completely different view, which is not how the workspace was saved last night/last time I save it

For examples, the mapper window in MIP may move to the far-rights ore far-left. The legend window may move to the far left, when it was on the far right. The order of the saved or closed *.wor is completely different every time I open a saved *.wor

As you can appreciate - you loose you scale and aspect ratio of your mapper window every time you open your saved *.wor

I have no way of fixing it, and every time I open a *.wor I'm faced with the same issue. If I open several workspaces a day, I have to deal with the change in the windows moving around e.g. explore window, mapper window and legend

It has happened since the last update I did back in March'21, and I haven't been able to gain an outcome from support

There was some discussion on the Preference.xml file being modified. Our IT team looked at this and passed to support with requested info.

Cheers, Mike

------------------------------
    Mike Woodbury
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: changing - mapper, explorer and legend windows 'moving around'

Posted 07-23-2021 07:39
    Hi Mike
    Have you ticked the option in the Workspace Preference options
    Options

John Ievers