MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Layout: toggling between active map and layout

Posted 11-20-2020 05:13
    Hello,

I am working on a large single map window layout in 17.0.2. I know I can activate the map window to edit the tables by right click & activate within the map window frame but how do I de-activate it to enable me to continue panning across my layout?

Usually I would click outside the active frame but on this large layout it is often off screen. Yes I can use the slider to resize the view of the layout but then I lose my place.

Better still is there a way to lock the scale & centre of window of a map in a frame to avoid accidentally changing these either in  V17or V19. I have the latter but I installed with the wrong language pack and haven't got around to reinstalling yet.

Thanks

Alison

------------------------------
    Alison Deegan
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    Courtenay

• 2.  RE: Layout: toggling between active map and layout

Employee
    Posted 11-23-2020 09:50
    Hi Alison

You can always use Alt + Left Mouse Click to activate and deactivate a map.
    And you can also use the scrollbars at the top and to the right to "pan" around your map while having an active map.

As for locking the center and scale of a map, there is nothing built into Pro to prevent this. I can very see the use of this.
    Let me try to look in my saved small scripts as I recall creating a small script some years back that could lock the center and scale of a map window.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: Layout: toggling between active map and layout

Posted 11-23-2020 10:45
    Hello Peter,

Thank you very much - the Alt-left click tip is just what I needed, and the presence or absence of the layout grid reminds whether I have the map or layout activated for those instances when I cannot see the frame.

If there is a way to lock the map window that would be very useful too!

Alison

Alison Deegan
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    Courtenay