MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Undo's when editing data in SQL database

Posted 06-10-2021 01:32
    Hi there,

I've recently started to use MapInfo again - the last time i used it, it was version 10.5 so it has been a while....

I came across this annoying problem of not being able to make multiple undo's when editing spatial data stored in SQL Server (v2019). Pressing Ctrl+Z mapinfo would undo the most recent change, then pressing Ctrl-Z again, it goes back to perform the change (I thought this would be Ctrl+Y).

- In MapInfo's SystemSettings> Undo, I've set it to 800 objects and 10mil bytes.
    - MIPro 2019 (build 43)
    - tested with linked and live

Any suggestions or workarounds? I am hoping I don't have to save intermittently or use 'revert' to go back to the beginning

Thank you,
    Mat

------------------------------
    Mat Chen
    Waverley Council
    BONDI JUNCTION NSW

• 2.  RE: Undo's when editing data in SQL database

Posted 06-11-2021 08:16
    Hi Mat

You have never been able to undo more than once.
    Number of Undo Objects
    Enter the number of objects (0 to 800) that can be undone. For example, if you specify the number 50, and then you perform a single editing operation that affects more than 50 objects, you will not be able to Undo the operation. The number of undo objects can also affect the performance of MapInfo Pro.
    You can undo many times in the new Layout Window now.
    I believe the elves are working on a solution. Perhaps v2021???
    Regards

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Undo's when editing data in SQL database

Posted 06-14-2021 19:21
    Thanks John for your response. Appreciate it!

This is a bit concerning using this old app. This definitely needs a massive improvement, when compared to other GIS apps on the market (no need to name them here :p)

Mat Chen
    Waverley Council
    BONDI JUNCTION NSW