MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Editing raster

Posted 02-25-2021 11:51
    I am working with a project where we modify the terrain by digging and filling. Is there a easy way to modify the DTM to show the finished terrain? One way is to clip the DTM using a file with polygons, use the calculator on the clipped raster and then merge (stamp) the two rasters. But this is quite time consuming, especially with different values in each polygon. Is there a smarter way?

------------------------------
    Bo Christensen
    COWI

• 2.  RE: Editing raster

Employee
    Posted 03-01-2021 01:03
    Hello Bo,

This is the smartest way of doing it through UI.

Other way would be to write a script by using Raster SDK. The documentation and samples for this is available in Raster installation folder. Let us know if you will be interested in this approach.

Thanks
    Anshul

Anshul Goel
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    Shelton CT

• 3.  RE: Editing raster

Posted 03-01-2021 02:57

Thanks. I am not a programmer, so I will stick with the UI.

I was hoping I had overlooked an easy way to change raster values for cells inside a polygon.

/Bo

• 4.  RE: Editing raster

Posted 03-08-2021 22:09
    If you have Datamine Discover it is simply Surfaces>Utilities>Overlay. But it seems a Overlay" or "stamp" polygons is missing in the raster menu.

In raster instead you could use the Operations>Rasterize tool, which can assign different value for different polygons, then the Merge tool to combine it over the DTM.

Joshua Knight
    Datamine Australia Pty Ltd
    Kew VIC

• 5.  RE: Editing raster

Posted 03-09-2021 05:36

Thanks Joshua. Good tip! I had overlooked the rasterise tool.

/Bo