MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  When Bing is loaded the projection is fixed @

Posted 07-22-2021 22:42
    Hi,

Has anyone go a solution to this issue wrt Bing?

When Bing is loaded the projection is fixed @

When Bing is loaded the projection is fixed @

As I'm sure everyone's aware and can appreciate this is not helpful/useful, when you need to geo-referencing a file or work in sensible projection and datum e.g. LongLat GDA94 or MGA GDA94 Z 49-52 via Map |Map Options |Projection

Does anyone have a solution or work around that allows me to work in a sensible projection and datum when Bing is open to complete tasks that requires the projection and datum to be known and set to something sensible?

To me, there appears to be no way around this when Bing is open. The coordinates in the lower left are also crazy numbers

The work around I have is to generating a raster and reprojection etc. This is not workable or suitable

***Perhaps an enhancement request with the Precisely team as the Bing maps functionality is controlled by their developers

Cheers, Mike

------------------------------
    Mike Woodbury
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: When Bing is loaded the projection is fixed @

Posted 07-22-2021 23:00
    Mike,

In the upcoming 2021 release you would be able to reproject all Tile Server tables including Bing maps. Release is currently planned for end of September. 

Regards,
    Andrei

Andrei Veselov
    Precisely
    Troy NY

• 3.  RE: When Bing is loaded the projection is fixed @

Posted 07-23-2021 21:36
    Hi Mike,

You might be interested in an article I have written called "Large Raster Rendering Performance in MapInfo Pro". You will find it on my website in the articles section here.

If you work your way through it, in the latter half of the article I discuss strategies to efficiently display rasters in the coordinate system of the map rather than the coordinate system of the raster. This was always an issue with maps that contain Bing imagery because of the requirement to reproject into the Popular CRS coordinate system.

Sam Roberts
    Founder, Roberts Geospatial Engineering
    Australia

• 4.  RE: When Bing is loaded the projection is fixed @

Posted 07-23-2021 22:38
    Thank you, appreciated!
    I will take a look at this
    Cheers 

Sent from Mike W iPhone