MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Raster Operations error message - invalid or unsupported format

Posted 10-14-2021 13:58
    I'm testing the new raster features in MapInfo 2021 on storm surge hazard TIF files (National Storm Surge Hazard Maps - Version 2 (noaa.gov))

When I try to polygonise or create a classified raster I get the error message:  "Selected file is invalid or unsupported. See help for supported format".

In the list of supported raster formats TIF shows Yes for Processing and Display.  What else can I try to get the data into a classified raster and/or polygons by each classification.

------------------------------
    Jay Russell
    CENTERPOINT ENERGY RESOURCES
    Houston TX

• 2.  RE: Raster Operations error message - invalid or unsupported format
    Best Answer

Employee
    Posted 10-14-2021 15:22
    Hello Jay,

The reason why you are seeing this error is because the files are getting mounted as imagery. Currently Polygonise and Classify tool only works on continuous data.

So one solution would be to convert these files to continuous field using calculator tool. The output generated can then be used as input to Polygonise and Classify tool.

Make sure to set "Override Output Field Type" to "Continuous" in calculator tool.

Let us know if it works.

Thanks
    Anshul

Anshul Goel
    Pitney Bowes Software Inc.
    Shelton CT

• 3.  RE: Raster Operations error message - invalid or unsupported format

Posted 10-18-2021 16:15
    It worked.  I was able to create classified files and polygons based on my custom ranges by translating the data as you suggested.

Jay Russell
    CENTERPOINT ENERGY RESOURCES
    Houston TX