MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  New video on how to insert and remove North Arrow symbols in MapInfo Pro

Posted 05-13-2019 06:25
    Edited by Peter Møller 02-28-2022 08:36
    Hi everyone,

We're pleased to announce that we have a new MapInfo Pro video to show the steps required for inserting and removing North Arrow symbols in MapInfo Pro: 

Please feel free to comment on the video and also to let us know of any suggestions you have for future videos.

Thanks, Eif

------------------------------
    Eifion Pipe
    Pitney Bowes Software Ltd
    Chatham

• 2.  RE: New video on how to insert and remove North Arrow symbols in MapInfo Pro

Posted 02-02-2021 03:55
    Video unavailable. Can you upload it again, please? Many thanks, Adrijana

Adrijana Grujić
    Slough Borough Council
    SLOUGH

• 3.  RE: New video on how to insert and remove North Arrow symbols in MapInfo Pro

Employee
    Posted 02-02-2021 05:20
    Hi Adrijana

Thanks for reaching out.
    We are working our way through the videos as we have to rebrand them from Pitney Bowes to the new Precisely brand.

You can find the list of videos here: Precisely - MapInfo Playlist

The list will slowly grow. I'll put in a word around the North arrow video.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 4.  RE: New video on how to insert and remove North Arrow symbols in MapInfo Pro

Posted 02-02-2021 06:14
    Thank you Peter. Maybe you can help me :)

So I have managed to insert North Arrow from tools into Active Map Window, but because I am making multipage layout map, I would like that my North Arrow is out of active window. Actually I want it on layout page, like when we add a legend. I know it is somehow possible using text and choosing Mapinfo Symbols, I did it before but can't do it now in this new version. Any help?
    One more thing, when we add North Arrow to Activ Map Layout Windows, can we somehow move it? Because, once I add it and I don't like it, I can do anything about it. I can't even remove it. And undo function and ctrl+z are not working in this case. Thanks, once again.

Adrijana Grujić
    Slough Borough Council
    SLOUGH

• 5.  RE: New video on how to insert and remove North Arrow symbols in MapInfo Pro

Employee
    Posted 02-02-2021 06:54
    Hi

From the Layout tab select the Symbol command from the Insert dropdown in the Insert group.
    Click in the layout window where you want the North Arrow to insert a new symbol/point.

Then double-click the inserted symbol and use the Symbols dialog to switch to the MapInfo Arrows symbol set, select the wanted arrow style, and set the appropriate size.

The result could look like this. You can drag the north arrow to any location you want after creating and resizing it.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 6.  RE: New video on how to insert and remove North Arrow symbols in MapInfo Pro

Posted 02-02-2021 07:11
    That is what I was missing! Style button. Thank you.
    And if we insert North Arrow from tools to Active Map Window in Layout, can we manipulate with the arrow (resizing, moving,etc.) and how? Or we can't?

Adrijana Grujić
    Slough Borough Council
    SLOUGH