MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  EasyLoader - SQL 2014 GDA2020 - MI 2019

Posted 05-31-2021 02:37
    Hi All, 
    Anyone any insight as to why when i use EasyLoader to upload a GDA2020-MGA54 tab into SQL it will work fine, however from what i can tell it won't enter a value in the Map Catalog for the COORDINATESYSTEM.

I'm guessing because of this, when i go to create a sql connection from MI to the table i can only browse the table with no spatial data available.

I can't see any errors in the EasyLoader Log file either.

Cheers
    Kieran

------------------------------
    Kieran McGowan
    Corangamite Shire Council
    Camperdown VIC

• 2.  RE: EasyLoader - SQL 2014 GDA2020 - MI 2019

Employee
    Posted 06-01-2021 08:32
    Hi Kieran

Is it only data using that specific coordsys that give you issues?
    Does it work if you save a copy of your table using a different coordsys and then upload that copy using EasyLoader

Does it work if you save a copy as your table into SQL Server directly from within MapInfo Pro?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: EasyLoader - SQL 2014 GDA2020 - MI 2019

Posted 06-01-2021 20:18
    Edited by Kieran McGowan 06-02-2021 00:43
    Hi Peter,

I've never had this issue before but this is the first time I've attempted to put in anything epsg:7854 into sql. I tested using the same layer in gda94 & WebMercator publishing through EasyLoader and had no problems.

If i insert the tab into SQL using FME (although it doesn't populate the MATCATALOG) it correctly updates the SP_GEOMETRY.STSrid to 7854, whereas Easyloader leaves it zero.

I thought maybe it was related to permissions (e.g. creating something in the GEOMETRY_COLUMN system table maybe) but having full db admin doesn't seem to help. 

Thanks
    Kieran

Kieran McGowan
    Camperdown VIC

• 4.  RE: EasyLoader - SQL 2014 GDA2020 - MI 2019

Employee
    Posted 06-02-2021 01:38
    Hi Kieran

Two things to check:
    1. Are you running the latest version of EasyLoader? I think lately, we have started distributing EasyLoader with MapInfo Pro so as long as you are using that version of EasyLoader you should be fine.

2. EasyLoader comes with its own projection file (MapInfow.prj). Can you check that this projection file holds a line for GDA2020-MGA54, and also make sure that it has been assigned an EPSG code. If that's not the case, you can copy the projection file from the MapInfo Pro installation folder into the EasyLoader folder.

EasyLoader should be installed under your profile, here: %localappdata%\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\1900\Tools\MapInfoEasyLoader

Peter Horsbøll Møller

• 5.  RE: EasyLoader - SQL 2014 GDA2020 - MI 2019

Posted 06-02-2021 02:27
    Hi Peter,

Thanks for this.. You put me on the right track. Clicking the little info icon of the easyloader tool extension in MI shows '17'.

Checking that MAPINFOW.PRF file in the Easyloader repository showed it was missing those newer projections. However copying the file from the MI 19 installation folder to the Easyloader folder didn't seem to help.(i confirmed they were in the MI file)

I have both 1900 and 1700 inside the %localappdata%\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional folder, replacing both files didn't seem to make a difference. 

On further googling it looks like a bug i overlooked which is fixed in 19.3! thanks for your help Peter much appricated

KR
    Kieran

Kieran McGowan
    Camperdown VIC

• 6.  RE: EasyLoader - SQL 2014 GDA2020 - MI 2019

Employee
    Posted 06-02-2021 02:46
    Google to the rescue again!

Peter Horsbøll Møller

• 7.  RE: EasyLoader - SQL 2014 GDA2020 - MI 2019

Posted 07-18-2021 20:07
    Hi Kieran,

In addition to Peter's suggestions, check that your version of SQL is compatible with GDA2020, we had to apply one of the cumulative updates from Microsoft before Easy Loader could properly load tables and write SRIDs - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb4506023-fix-geocentric-datum-of-australia-2020-is-added-to-sql-server-2014-2016-and-2017-9b71fc6b-c933-7688-4190-dd597c7f2110

I suspect if you haven't got these updates in that FME is just forcing the SP_GEOMETRY.STSrid to 7854 but the table probably isn't usable as the DB won't know what that refers to.

Cheers,

Will

William Dean
    Cairns Regional Council
    Cairns QLD