MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Can you add nodes to a polyline every 100 m (for example), or alternatively can you split a polyline into equal segments?

Posted 07-23-2018 05:39

• 2.  RE: Can you add nodes to a polyline every 100 m (for example), or alternatively can you split a polyline into equal segments?

Posted 07-24-2018 07:46

Have you tried the MapCAD tools? There is one called "Segmenting" that will split a line into equal or defined steps. In the 32-bit version it was called "Add Nodes".?

Or there is the Distance Marker mbx that will place points at set distances along a polyline.

• 3.  RE: Can you add nodes to a polyline every 100 m (for example), or alternatively can you split a polyline into equal segments?

Employee
    Posted 08-06-2018 09:29

Jodi,

what are you trying to do?

I know of a few tools that can insert points along a line for every x meters. I'm not sure I know of a specific tool that will add nodes to the polyline for every x meters - besides the one John mentioned above.

But maybe there's another way of doing what you want to do.

• 4.  RE: Can you add nodes to a polyline every 100 m (for example), or alternatively can you split a polyline into equal segments?

Posted 08-07-2018 21:10
    Hi, The Distance Marker tool has done what I needed. Thanks Jodi Turnbull Archaeologist Ochre Imprints Pty Ltd 331 Johnston Street, Abbotsford VIC 3067 PO Box 280, Clifton Hill VIC 3068 ph: (03) 9417 6094 fax: (03) 9417 6095 M: 0447 019255 In office: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday [logo final] CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

• 5.  RE: Can you add nodes to a polyline every 100 m (for example), or alternatively can you split a polyline into equal segments?

Posted 09-24-2020 00:24
    Does the distance marker tool work in 2019.2? I keep getting an error.
    I simply want to create points at set distances along a polyline. Segmenting tool does not really allow this although I can manually drop points at the nodes created.

------------------------------
    Jodi Turnbull
    Archaeologist
    Ochre Imprints
    Abbotsford VIC

• 6.  RE: Can you add nodes to a polyline every 100 m (for example), or alternatively can you split a polyline into equal segments?

Posted 09-24-2020 00:29
    I just got it working by installing the tool in a different location.

Jodi Turnbull
    Archaeologist